Plan and illustrate your data strategy workshops.
The data strategy design method allows you to design and plan your company's or your customer's data strategy and data products:
- Develop internal analytics solutions to foster data driven decisions.
- Automate your company's processes using data driven methods.
- Conceptualize new data driven products for your customers.
- Model data driven business models.
For this, the Data Strategy Designkit provides you with the required tools to work jointly on your data strategy and analytics projects in interdisciplinary teams. Good practice is to do this in one- or two-day workshops.
With the Data Strategy Designguide canvas you have another tool in your belt helping you to prepare the workshops and to illustrate the workshops' process of data strategy design to the workshop's participants. The design guide guides you and your team through the design phase to create successful data innovations.
A successful innovation has to meet three criteria:
- Viability: using analytics to exploit data needs to be done in an economical way. Therefore you need to understand the (economic) potential of data & analytics.
- Desirability: the analytics' potential users need to have the desire to use the solutions. If not there is no benefit in data and analytics. Therefore you need to know the users, their objectives as well as their needs and problems.
- Feasibility: you need to have the required data, (analytics) tools as well as the skills to develop and operate the solutions.
Subsequently, the designguide divides the process into the phases business understanding, user understanding and data understanding. Doing so its oriented towards the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM), However, it extends the data understanding and the business understanding with the user understanding (this follows the Design Thinking view).
In the public project Datenstrategie-Designguide you can find different canvas for numerous recurring workshop formats.
On our website you will find a step by step tutorial.
Creator / Author
We drive your business forward.Read more
Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 4.0 International licenseRead more
How may I use this canvas?
Personal use Commercial use
English - Data Strategy Designguide
Is your language not yet available? Help translate this into your native tongue. Contact the creator!